Why can't I use human shampoo on my pet?
ALL SHAMPOOS ARE THE SAME - RIGHT? - WRONG!!!
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!
• Human shampoo will dry pet skin and hair, causing or aggravating skin and coat problems.
• Pet skin conditions often require special formulations that are not available in human products.
• Pet skin reproduces more quickly than human skin, making it more susceptible to skin turnover problems(Disorders of Keratinization).
• Pet hair is characterized by cyclical shedding which can be controlled by proper bathing and moisturizing.
• Pet hair follicles have multiple hair shafts which make the follicles more prone to blockage by debris or Sebum(i.e. Schnauzer Syndrome). The lack of sweat glands throughout the body complicates this fact since the skin does not have the ability to sweat and naturally cleanse and flush itself.
• The presence of oil glands body-wide makes full body shampooing a must (example - humans have a concentration of these glands on non-hair areas such as the face and hands which are the areas needing more frequent washing).